celinenyx

Nyx Book Reviews

I love to read and to review. My favourite genres are fantasy, horror, YA, historical, and everything paranormal.

Wizard's First Rule

Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind I thought this book to be so inspiring. It's everything you want in a book. It has a journey, it has an interesting love interest, it has growth, it has surprises, it has moments that make you smile and moments that make you wince. I could go on and on about this one. A large book in an even larger series, but I would recommend this to anyone. Even if you're not a fantasy-fan, this is a great read. It's not just a story, it's so much deeper. It made me think about life and society.Even if you're not in a very philosophical mood, you can just sit back and enjoy. Goodkind has a very comfortable way of words. The dialogues seem a little more like monologues at times, but that didn't disturb me at all. It makes sense in the context of the story.And the characters. I love them all. From the beautiful Kahlan, the strong Richard that just makes me drool, good old Zedd, who makes me giggle sometimes, to the traumatised villian Darken Rahl. They are all so well portrayed, at the end of the book you just feel like you know them.Just read it, and see for yourself.